We’ve been privileged to have featured a variety of CTN Speakers over the years, from business innovators and entrepreneurs to inspirational authors and those in the charitable sector reminding us of our corporate social responsibility. In addition to our hosts, Frank Bennett and Barrie Townsend, here is a listing of some of our CTN speakers.
David Shadbolt, Prophetic Voice to businesspeople (left) and Christian media pioneers, Chris and Kerry Cole (right).
- David Shadbolt was one of our last CTN speakers at the Toby Carvery before Covid-19 hit. He has since also joined us via Zoom a number of times. Most recently on 14 January 2022 when he spoke on ‘Do I need this for the next season?‘ David is a business consultant, with an international ministry, and author of ‘God’s Healing for Businesses’, David believes God uses businesspeople to illustrate His goodness to the world. Through his website, Unwrap TV – David presents video clips to encourage you to grow in the gift of prophecy.
- Chris and Kerry Cole Chris and Kerry are the founders of Cross Rhythms and Cornerstone Vision. He is a leading broadcaster and she is the author of three books including Gotta Die To Live which tells their extraordinary story of being visionary leaders in the mass media.
Prominent Devon businessperson Paul Morrish (left) and clear prophetic voice to the business community, Marion Parkes (right)
- Former bank chief, Paul Morrish who has over 30 years’ experience in business and financial services. He co-founded Succession Wealth in 2009 and makes a significant contribution as a Non-Executive Director of local businesses, including Exeter City FC. Paul also has a heart to mentor young people and has a passion for community service especially amongst the homeless. He is a leader at Exeter Network Church, is a member of Street Chaplains, and assists with the ‘Hungry’ project.
- Marion Parkes has pioneered churches and ministered in churches, conferences, discipleship/ leadership training centres. She has a clear prophetic gifting and often ministers to business groups in the marketplace across the UK and internationally, including Europe and Asia. She and her husband, Basil have been married for 44 years and have two children and two grandchildren. From 2017 to 2020 they were based in Malaysia where they ministered in local churches. Since moving back to the UK, Marion is continues her ministry via Zoom to the nations.
We appreciate all our CTN Speakers including…
- Leading Devon business owner, Chris Murray of Pennywell Farm is a great encouragement to all businesspeople, challenging them to cast all their cares onto Jesus. God has brought Pennywell through many challenges and the farm is a far-reaching testimony to God’s faithfulness.
- Seasoned and experienced journalist, Chris Girdler is the Editor of the Lifelines Newspaper published by Alive in the Spirit charity. He has done an outstanding job with the Exeter Lifelines, capturing the stories of local people whose lives have been turned around by God.
- Dick Bell MBE is a former RAF Squadron Leader and adventurer who has led hovercraft expeditions up the Amazon. God has used him to transform the island of Ometepe in Nicaragua. He attends our regular Zoom meetings. Dick is also the author of the Two Trees series of books which explores the meaning of life and “God’s single solution to all your troubles”.
- Peter and Jill du Feu are authors of the book, No Pit Too Deep: Rescued and Redeemed by Love. The story of a miracle turnaround in their marriage is recorded in Exeter Lifelines and Peter and Jill are available to take on speaking engagements.
- Al Gibson of Countdown Creative has been a regular visitor to CTN at the Imperial and Toby Carvery. For the past year, he has helped host our Zoom meetings. Al helps organisations build their online following. He is also an internationally published author and writes for GOD TV, International Christian, UK Christian and US Christian.
- Annie Chikhwaza joined us for one of our CrossLife evening events, at the Sainsbury’s Marsh Barton coffee shop. The founder of Kondanani Children’s Village in Malawi. Her biography, Mother of Malawi is possibly the most exceptional testimony you will read.
- Jonathan Newall, owner of Southgate Estates has been associated with CTN from our launch in 2008. Southgate Estates is a dynamic estate agency in Exeter;
- Diana and Mark Jeffery of Fearless Christianity. Mark is a preacher, teacher, author and businessperson along with his wife Diana. They run Christian Aupairs and Onwards and Upwards Publishers with their son Luke;
- Basil and Marion Parkes have been involved in both business in ministry and have led multiple missions in Asia. Basil has pastored many churches and Marion has prophetic ministry gifting.
- Jill Stone of Christian Aid in Devon has a passion to tackle poverty and injustice and to promote ethical trading. Christian Aid links with businesses through the Salt Network;
- Ruth Clemence is a freelance writer, blogger who has written for a variety of publications including: BibleStudyTools.com, Christian Today, Together Magazine and Devon Life.
- Mark Jones spent 25 years in the Royal Navy before taking the plunge into business launching Three Sixty Rehab, a private clinic delivering advanced physical therapy, in Exmouth.
- Daryl Fulls of Scribble and Ink design studio;
- Mark Field of Ark Construction has a passion to see Christian businesses ‘step up’ and ‘step out’ to provide jobs and training to young people who have not enjoyed a good start in life;
- Jacqui Parkinson is a Devon-based textile artist who has held several exhibitions including ‘Threads through Revelation’: a major collection of 14 large tapestry panels depicting key scenes from the book of Revelation;
- Guy and Tania West of the Relationships Academy / Kairos Leadership Development;
- Ian Pilkington is the managing director of Cornerstone Vision, a Christian media company in Plymouth that publishes The Plymouth Chronicle and Plymouth Magazine.
- Tony Hodges has had an association with Crosslink right from the first breakfast meeting back in 2008 when he was a Director of a Topsham finance company prior to relocating to Plymouth;
- David Bishop, a regular Speaker at ‘Spring Harvest’; and
- Warren Spokes, founder of The Car Parts Company on Marsh Barton recognises that placing God as the CEO of his company has opened up major blessings for which he joyfully acknowledges is from trusting in Him.
If you’re in business, are a Christian leader with an inspirational message to share, perhaps you’d consider speaking at CTN Southwest. We’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com